[oe] openembedded-core git repository

Bernhard Guillon Bernhard.Guillon at opensimpad.org
Fri Jan 21 11:22:03 UTC 2011

On 19.01.2011 20:43, Philip Balister wrote:

> We should also have some discussion on the process for getting stuff
> into -core and how devs get commit access. Basically, we need to think
> about how to integrate the OpenEmbedded people and the Yocto people.

First of all I am not against a pull based model. But in my opinion we
should start a poll to decide the commit model for core. Afterwards if
we agree that a pull based model is well suited for core we should do
another poll to decide who will be the "king". We should also have some
rules for how to change the king. Also the king should only rule for a
limited time. After this time period there should be another poll. In my
opinion this will help people to accept what the king decides. We also
need rules for rejects of pull requests. They should have a technical
reason. The king should also be responsible for security issues. If I
got it right yocto has full-time developers so one should do full-time
security stuff for core.

I know we have the TSC but a poll does not hurt. I belief that most
developers will agree with the pull based model.

best regards
Bernhard