[oe] e2fsprogs util-linux-ng dependency

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Sun Jan 23 15:27:39 UTC 2011

Dnia sobota, 22 stycznia 2011 o 18:06:58 Khem Raj napisał(a):
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 3:06 AM, pieterg <pieterg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > in
> > http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/recipes/e2fspro
> > gs?h=org.openembedded.dev&id=ef73bcd899aaf182fb596e5912c20f966e0e6951 a
> > util-linux-ng RDEPENDS was added to e2fsprogs.

http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?h=org.openembedded.dev&id=ec5081ee5b0449b02a0d051ac32e6fae31838dee

was next part of that change. And there were few around it.

> > But I'm wondering whether it was not intended to just RDEPEND on
> > util-linux-ng-blkid, so we can avoid dragging in a large number of
> > unrelated utils?
>
> hmmm good point. I think it should just rdep for things which its
> missing or needs to run its own provided programs at runtime

It was done that way to keep upgrade path for packages. Before my changes many
binaries were from e2fsprogs package and now got moved to util-linux-ng one or
subpackages of it. Feel free to do any adaptations which will improve
situation - anything will be better then it was before my patchset was pushed.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz