[oe] openembedded-core git repository

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:48:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 06:48 AM, Graeme Gregory wrote:
>>
>> Hi, this email is sent as an ordinary member of OE.
>>
>> It seems to be on a technical level we are agreed that we should split
>> parts of OE out into the so called openembedded-core which will have a
>> stricter commit access and higher QA requirements on changes.
>>
>> I therefore think it is time to actually create the repository and let
>> the people who are interested in merging the good stuff from poky with
>> the good stuff from openembedded to create our "core". I don't think
>> there is any need to wait on the political part of the Yocto/OE
>> collaboration as its something we have agreed in principal to do anyway.
>>
>> I would request then that the TSC drive this forward with the server
>> admins and create this repo so work can happen.
>

> Has anything happened on this email? Has the TSC had a meeting to discuss? I
> know it has only been a week, but people are starting to do work based on
> these ideas and need some support from the TSC.

Yes I think we should start action on it soon. I would suggest to set
up the repository
as first step. As someone raised question about pull model it could be
TSC who decided
to appoint one gatekeeper based upon availability interest and
capability and it could be
rotated.secondly sane Starting point would be importing yocto and then
apply the OE improvements
on top thirdly breakdown oe into oe-meta repo to glue with the oe-core