[oe] Problem with calibration of AT91SAM9M10EKES

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:06:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 06:36:12PM +0100, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> 2011-01-26 14:01, Marcin Juszkiewicz skrev:
> > Dnia środa, 26 stycznia 2011 o 10:40:25 Ulf Samuelsson napisał(a):
> >> I have some calibration problem with my private branch
> >> (ulf/linux-2.6.30-2011-01-??) when building the at91sam9m10ekes board.
> >>
> >> I am running /usr/bin/run-calibrate.sh,
> >> but regardless of how I click, during calibration,
> >> a tap afterwards always results in detection 3 mm above the tap.
> >>
> >> There is a "pointercal" file generated.
> >> It appears to me that this is ignored...
> >> I can tap 1 cm above or below during calibration,
> >> and still the detected tap is 3 mm above the actual tap.
> >
> >> Anything else to think about?
> >> I enclose  /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /etc/ts.conf.
> > You are using full X11 with evdev driver so tslib is not used at all. You have
> > to use xinput-calibrator.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Any clue to get xinput-calibrate to run at first boot?

provide
recipes/xinput-calibrator/pointercal-xinput
data for your device and use
recipes/xserver-common/files/89xTs_Calibrate.xinput_calibrator.patch
like SHR does

intentionaly it prefers provideded data, because users too often messed
initial calibration on first boot and then didn't know how to reset it
and rerun xinpu-calibration successfully...

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com