[oe] bbappend

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 12 14:56:12 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 12 July 2011 15:31:01 you wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:18:50PM +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > Possibly, however as a general suggestion I would recommend moving
> > things over to being based on oe-core if at all possible. I realise
> > this is not going to be practical for everyone in the short term,
> > however OE classic will stop being maintained at some point in the
> > near future, so the sooner you move the better - plus you get to take
> > advantage of the additional features and cleanups in oe-core as well.
>
> I'd love to.  My most recent project is just starting out, so it's a
> good time to make the switch.  Are there any good references for
> performing a migration?

We're rather lacking in oe-core specific documentation right now; however, you
should be able to just grab oe-core and get started with it fairly easily:

 https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded-Core

If you have any questions feel free to post them on the oe-core list:

Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre