[oe] Unwanted dependency on X from ppp

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Wed Jul 13 12:16:24 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone!

I'm building a small "headless" embedded system with OE and the Angstrom distro. A normal rootfs build consists of about 1500 tasks. Everything fine so far.

Now I wanted to include the ppp daemon in my build and thus just added "ppp" to IMAGE_INSTALL. Suddenly the rootfs build is about 4000 tasks and a lot of X/display related stuff is downloaded and built. I fail to see the connection.

I'm afraid I'm not using the latest trunk or release of OE but any suggestions or directions on how to find/eliminate the cause of the problem would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Mats