[oe] Errors on fetching files

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at cassidian.com
Thu Jul 14 11:14:54 UTC 2011

>So the question is if wget works from the command line why does it not
>work from bitbake .... Unless it uses another method to get the file,
>but I see nothing in the .bb file to indicate what
>program is used ..

Hello,

OE doesn't use the http_proxy variables from environment !

Normaly the BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE environment Variable is used to import
environment variables into OE environment. But it is reported, that this
dosn't work with http_proxy somehow.

Put your proxy settings into ~/.wgetrc (local user setting) or
/etc/wgetrc (system wide setting).
For svn put it into ~/.subversion/servers.
For git search in google for settings and try it, I haven't much luck
with it.

Regards
Wolfgang