[oe] Added header file to linux kernel - how to export

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Tue Jul 19 13:57:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have made a patch to the linux kernel, involving adding some ioctl's. Relevant definitions are in a .h file. Now I need to access this .h file from another recipe (that builds a utility using those ioctl's) but the headers in sysroots/xxx-linux/usr/include are put there (by linux-libc-headers?) long before the target Linux kernel is patched and built.

I'm thinking about adding a do_install_append to the linux recipe but that doesn't feel right. Neither does adding a path from the util recipe build to the work folder of linux kernel. Third alternative would be to build the driver as an LKM but I really like to have it built into the kernel...

If any of you have some good advice here I would be very happy!

Best Regards,
Mats