[oe] Kernel load address issue

Bernard Mentink Bernard_Mentink at trimble.com
Tue Jul 26 21:51:28 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

I am new to OE, but have managed to get u-boot working on my target, got
TFTP working so I can transfer a kernel to RAM.
I have modified my conf/local.conf file so that when a kernel is built a
uImage binary is created that u-boot can use. (added line
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage")

However When I try to boot the image in the bootloader, I get this:

uboot> bootm 0x80300000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80300000 ...
   Image Name:   Angstrom/2.6.36/mx31ads
   Created:      2011-07-26  19:55:31 UTC
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1765856 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
   Load Address: 20008000
   Entry Point:  20008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

The Load Address is wrong, my ram starts at 0x80000000 ... can someone
tell me how to change this? I presume mkimage is responsible for this as
the kernel is configured as relocatable ..

Many Thanks,
Bernie