[oe] [RFC] oe style-guide change

Andreas Mueller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Sat Jul 30 13:10:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

working on xfce I face a problem with our style-guide (and I think there are
other packets affected too e.g gnome recipes?):

In the xfce.bbclass there is a SRC_URI created from recipe name. This fits for
95% of the recipes. Following style-guide [1] I would add patches by writing
something like

SRC_URI += "foo.patch"
inherit xfce

Problem is that xfce.bbclass sets SRC_URI with

SRC_URI  = ...

Since I want to give recipes the chance to overwrite the suggestion coming from
xfce.bbclass ( e.g thunar souce starts with capital letter ) I cannot write
something like

SRC_URI =+ ..

in xfce.bbclass.

Therfore I suggest to have the style-guide changed so that we have

inherit ...
SRC_URI

What do our gurus think about this?

Andreas