[oe] gammu: task compile fails with `/oe/build-angstrom-next/angstrom-dev/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/libcurl.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format`

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Mon Jun 6 16:33:48 UTC 2011

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2011, 16:56 +0200 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
> > Paul Menzel wrote:
> > > Dear Stanislav,
> > > task compile of `gammu` fails with the following error message using
> > >         /oe/build-angstrom-next/angstrom-dev/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/libcurl.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
> >
> > Could you try to add curl to DEPENDS and try again (note that you have
> > to include do_configure call again). Maybe I overseen this dependency.
>
> Adding `curl` to `DEPENDS` fixes this issue. It is strange that it is
> looking into the stanging area (»File in wrong format«).

It is not strange: Target platform instance of curl was not found but
there was a native curl library in the config path. Attempt to link
against it found a file in wrong format (library for another platform).

See the sysroots/i686-linux part of the path.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus