[oe] Amend recipes which do not contain a (new) target machine in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at cassidian.com
Wed Jun 8 11:44:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

I added a new machine definition for our hardware (hardware is almost
like beagleboard xM) and want to add the specific patches and
configurations by using the amend class in my additional layer.

If I amend the kernel recipe (linux-omap-psp_2.6.32.bb) for machines
contained in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE, the amend.inc is found and my
amendments are done well (for omap3evm and beagleboard).

If I want to build the kernel for my machine, the kernel recipe
linux-omap-psp_2.6.32.bb was skipped in case of not containing my new
machine in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE and the wrong kernel is build.

I need only a view additions to the linux-omap-psp-2.6.32 kernel so I
don't want to copy the original recipe into my layer and change it. I
have to build my system for omap3evm, beagleboard and our specific
hardware.

Is there a possibility to avoid the skipping of the kernel recipe for a
machine not contained in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE ? Or add the machine for
amending somewhere ?

I use the 2011.03 release and bitbake version 1.10.2.

Regards
Wolfgang