[oe] Amend recipes which do not contain a (new) target machine in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Jun 8 12:21:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:17 +0200, Hauser, Wolfgang (external) wrote:
> >Can you not just arrange for your layer to add your own machine to the
> >recipe's COMPATIBLE_MACHINE definition?
> >
> >p.
>
> Sure, but then I have to copy the whole files used by the recipe into my
> layer, that cuts me off from the maintenance of the release.

Why's that?  I can't think of any reason why copying the recipe ought to
be necessary, and certainly not the other files that it uses.

I guess you might not be able to append to COMPATIBLE_MACHINE from
amend.inc since amend.bbclass probably doesn't get run early enough.
But you should be able to use COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_append_pn-... in your
layer.conf, or COMPATIBLE_MACHINE += in a .bbappend file.  Are those not
working for you?

p.