[oe] Builds Failing

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Jun 8 18:28:40 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 02:21 PM, Russell Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build OE with the latest source (i.e. from MASTER) -
> but images that used to work are now failing (x11-gpe-image,
> console-image). The failure seems to be in bash, as you can see in
> the attached log files.

Ah ha!  So, what's going on here is that upstream patches that we fetch
have the 'bad' behavior of encoding '..' into the path and newer
versions of 'patch' fail to apply these due to security concerns.

We can kludge around this by making the recipe use say 'git' as the
patch apply tool but someone should go yell at upstream.  Or we need to
update to a newer version of bash where maybe upstream is publishing
better behaved patches.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation