[oe] udev 171 caching working propely?

Andreas Mueller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 21:16:47 UTC 2011

Dear OE-folks,

Working with lastest classic oe master and angstrom it seems udev caching is not
working as expected. On *every* boot I get:

>Remounting root file system...
>Caching udev devnodes
>Populating dev cachemv: can't rename '/dev/shm/uname': No such file or directory

I don't know why this change came in but there was a change of storage location
in Tom's commit few days ago [1]. To me it seems that

1. The files created by udev (init) get lost at remount so udev-cache (cache) is
unable to find
2. Since this error occures not only at first boot the recipe's
pkg_postinst_udev_append() seems never being executed. To check I added a simple
echo 'foo text'
in this function but 'foo text' is not found in log of first boot.

Suggestions welcome

Cheers

Andreas

[1]