[oe] openssl-native-1.0.0d-r14.0 compile fails

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Tue Jun 21 12:49:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 14:32 +0200, A. Schallenberg wrote:
> I tried to compile Angstrom (which is based on openembedded).
> Unfortunately it fails with a message that is very similar to the
> one Robert Schuster reported on 07 Mar 2011.
> (Since I wasn't subscribed to this list back then I cannot reply
> to his mail now.)
>
> Here is what I get:
>
> Log data follows:
> | + do_compile
> | + oe_runmake
> | + oenote make -e MAKEFLAGS=
> | + echo NOTE: 'make -e MAKEFLAGS='
> | NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS=
> | + make -e MAKEFLAGS=
> | make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> | + die 'oe_runmake failed'
> | + oefatal 'oe_runmake failed'
> | + echo FATAL: 'oe_runmake failed'
> | FATAL: oe_runmake failed
> | + exit 1
> NOTE: package openssl-native-1.0.0d-r14.0: task do_compile: Failed
>
> I didn't find any Makefile that "touch"ing would make it compile.
>
> Has anybody an idea what I am doing wrong?
> Wrong toolchain? Wrong distro version selection?

It isn't likely that your choice of toolchain is causing this problem,
since the package in question is a -native one.  From the error you
pasted it looks as though the recipe has simply failed to unpack any
source code, or at least not the complete source code.  What do you have
in the WORKDIR at that point?

p.