[oe] aurora: task configure fails with 'configure: error: Package requirements (QtCoreE >= 4.7.0 …'

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Sat Jun 25 13:11:28 UTC 2011

On 25.06.2011 14:27, Paul Menzel wrote:
> using `minimal` for `MACHINE = "beagleboard"` and doing `bitbake -k
> aurora-fb-image` task configure of `aurora` fails with the following
> error message.
>
>          […]
>          checking for FSOFRAMEWORK... yes
>            Qt base directory explicitly set to qtopia
>          checking for QT... no
>          configure: error: Package requirements (QtCoreE>= 4.7.0
>                  QtGuiE>= 4.7.0
>                  QtDeclarativeE>= 4.7.0) were not met:
>
>          No package 'QtCoreE' found
>          No package 'QtGuiE' found
>          No package 'QtDeclarativeE' found
>          […]
>
> `qt4-embedded-4.7.3-r33.1` is build as a dependency and I do not know
> what Qt packages contain the needed dependencies.

You are sure qt4-embedded is already successfully build and installed in
sysroots? As qt4-embedded is only pulled in with the runtime dependency
on pyside-embedded but with the latest version of aurora you need
qt4-embedded as build dependency. This needs to be fixed.

In the aurora/development branch [1] it is already fixed. This branch
includes a lot of work on the aurora distribution itself but I don't
have the time to bring it all upstream. After the 0.1 version of aurora
I want to switch to a meta-aurora and let the classic oe branch die. So
it's the question if we want to have all this in OE-classic.

regards,
Simon

[1]:
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=openembedded.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/aurora/development