[oe] python-numpy cannot find libraries

Bob Cvengros rcvengr2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:23:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am having a problem compiling python-numpy similar to that posted
here<http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2011-April/031840.html>,
however this issue does not appear to have been resolved.

The cross compiler cannot find the correct libraries and seems to be looking
for the libraries on my host machine path rather than the libraries created
for my ARM device. Specifically, I find the following in the resultant
log.do_compile.4120 file:

$ bitbake -f -c compile python-numpy

Running from numpy source directory.
F2PY Version 2
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
/home/rcvengr2/oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/python-numpy-1.4.1-ml0/numpy-1.4.1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:520:
UserWarning: Specified path /opt/intel/mkl/9.1.023/lib/32/ is invalid.
  warnings.warn('Specified path %s is invalid.' % d)
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  *libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in
/home/rcvengr2/oe/tmp//sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib*
  *libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib*
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['ptf77blas', 'ptcblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64/atlas-base']
    language = c
    include_dirs = ['/usr/include/atlas']

*And later:*
*
*
Could not locate executable arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g77 -march=armv7-a
-mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb
--sysroot=/home/rcvengr2/oe/tmp//sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
Could not locate executable g77
Could not locate executable f77
customize IntelFCompiler
Could not locate executable ifort
Could not locate executable ifc
customize LaheyFCompiler
Could not locate executable lf95
customize PGroupFCompiler
Could not locate executable pgf90
customize AbsoftFCompiler
Could not locate executable f90
customize NAGFCompiler
Found executable /usr/bin/f95
nag: no Fortran 77 compiler found

....and so on

do_compile eventually throws an error because it cannot recognize the ATLAS
code, but I have traced it back to not being able to find the libraries
listed. Given the provided link, this problem is not unique to my situation.
I wish I could fix it, but my technical skills are not up to the task. I
could use some help resolving the issue.

Thanks,
Bob Cvengros