[oe] How does oe handle rebuilds?

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Mon Mar 7 18:24:49 UTC 2011

I think there are different policies that you can use to decide re building
dependent
packages...

I added a patch to our bitbake that creates a "black-list" of packages that
should be checked for decencies that have out of date time stamps.

this is different to what exists in bitbake since it currently uses a "white
list"
which becomes a list of packages that don't need to be checked. I found
that you'd have to select a lot of packages for that to be useful. most of
the
time people are developing on a finite number of packages which you might
need to rebuild.

attached is a diff to the bitbake that we're currently using (its version is
1.11 or something)
I hope its useful (I'd love for it to be put into bitbake, alas it slipped
through the cracks
last time I pointed it out to the list).

I'm adding bitbake-dev on this list since *I think* this is a bitbake thing.

mike