[oe] help2man-native: task configure fails with `configure: error: perl module Locale::gettext required`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 10 14:40:51 UTC 2011

Dear OE folks,

some recent commit indirectly seems to have broken `help2man-native` and
task configure fails.

    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for library containing dlsym... -ldl
    checking for library containing bindtextdomain... none required
    configure: error: perl module Locale::gettext required

Adding `liblocale-gettext-perl-native` to `DEPENDS_virtclass-native`
does not fix the problem but causes a dependency loop.

I do not understand the dependency for the native package anyway.

        DEPENDS = "gettext-native perl-native liblocale-gettext-perl-native"
        DEPENDS_virtclass-native = "perl-native autoconf-native automake-native"
        RDEPENDS_${PN} = "gettext perl liblocale-gettext-perl"
        RDEPENDS_${PN}_virtclass-native = ""

I though that `DEPENDS_virtclass-native` has `DEPENDS` as a subset
automatically.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul