[oe] OE Bugzilla Future

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 16:27:08 UTC 2011

On 11/03/2011 15:39, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 03/11/2011 03:00 AM, Graeme Gregory wrote:
>> On 11/03/2011 08:19, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Comments? Volunteers?
>>>
>> Is there any newer bug tracking systems which should be considering?
>>
>> If we keep bugzilla then we are still running a system where people do
>> everything twice. They email patches to OE mailing list for review and
>> also have to file them into bugzilla. If we could somehow combine the
>> two functions. Effectively integrate patchwork and bug tracker into one
>> system. I have no idea if such a bug tracker exists.
>>
>> Also I might suggest we shift to launchpad or another hosted solution.
>> That way we can lesson the load on the admin team.
>>
>> Im happy to step up and be a bug massager if we decide to run with a
>> bugtracker, but I think we need to decide if that is the correct
>> workflow for us first.
>
> FWIW, I've become a fan of JIRA, but only as a user / project admin,
> haven't admined the server itself.

I admin the server and being in Java its really easy. The last update
cycle even seperated the data from server code so switching versions
became even easier.

All your test data is held in SQL database and attachments on disk.

The real magic though is maintainer fixing the workflow
(new->accepted->blah->fixed) which someone else did.

Graeme