[oe] OE Bugzilla Future

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:01:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Stefan Schmidt
<stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This topic has come up several times now and it did come up again during a TSC
> meeting yesterday.
>
> It feels like the current OE bugzilla is not in really good shape. The question
> is how we are going to handle this. On the one hand it might be good to remove
> as it holds a lot outdated informations and it seems developers are not using it
> at all.
>
> On the other hand this would cut off a service for atcual users of OE.
>
> If we can find a group of people that is willing to clean the current bugzilla
> up improve it and make sure that problems in it are actually worked on it still
> have a chance to stay. We need a clear maintainership for it and bugs need
> atcually be worked.

I have been keeping it alive but pretty much thats it. It needs additional time

> Comments? Volunteers?

I think that there still is something thats not captured in mailing
lists. Since many OE users
do not interact with lists for whatever reason. May be its known to
many to use some form
of bug tracking system or due to its webinterface its accessible I
dont know could be many reasons
Some integration from commits to bugz id# would be informative.
so if someone fixes a bug then it gets updated via a post push hook or some such

Basically we need people who look into bugzilla and act on bugs in
addition to mailing list
and patchwork which is additional work. I personally would be happy if
users could report issues
on the mailing lists since that unifies the workflow.