[oe] Discussion: Version retention policy in oe-core

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Mar 14 22:34:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
>> The TSC has discussed this item at the request of the community and has
>> come up with the following recommendation which we are looking for
>> feedback (positive/negative/neutral) before putting this up on the wiki.
>
> Looks reasonable. One thing I did not see is asking people not to add a new
> recipe and delete the old one in separate commits. This makes it easier to
> figure out problems when they arise.

I'd think this is a smaller piece of the general commit policies, and
in particular, bisectability, rather than version retention in
particular -- having a commit in the history where the recipe doesn't
exist would certainly violate bisectability, as it's hard to build
something that doesn't exist ;)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com