[oe] Minutes, OE TSC meeting, March 10 2011

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:38:47 UTC 2011

Mark, thanks for the minutes.

There is one remark I'd like to make and one agenda item i'd like to
coin for the TSC (I'll do that here since I haven't seen an agenda and
call for topics for the next TSC meeting)

2011/3/17 Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com>:

> Further discussion of deprecation of OE bugzilla.  Yocto intends to keep a bug
> tracking system for itself.  This might also be the place where OE-Core bugs can
> be tracked.

What about the remaining parts of OE?
Do we also stop to use bugzilla for those?
Or will that also be done in the yocto bug tracking system?

I would like to suggest that the TSC starts to discuss how to deal
with the non-oe-core recipes that we have.
We have meta-oe of course. It might be useful to discuss and decide on:
- do we want to use meta-oe (and if so, how should it be
sub-structured, e.g. similar to oe-core meta* dirs)
- assuming it'll be meta-oe, how will we deal with it in terms of
adding recipes, dealing with patches, retention policy, ownership etc
etc
- how/where to store deprecated oe-core recipes that are still
useful/needed (and how to retire them if they are not needed any
more).

Or in a more general sense:
How are we going to deal with the parts of OE that are not part of OE-core.

Best regards, Frans.