[oe] Python-native dependency in libxml2

Ahsan, Noor Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com
Thu Mar 17 10:40:59 UTC 2011

Hello,

Today I got the fresh stuff and tried to build gnome-doc-utils-native
(to build xml2po package). I am building on Ubuntu host 9.10. First it
gave me an error that it could not find intltoolize command. You can see
the attached build log "build_intltool_error,log". So I added intltool
package in gnome-doc-utils-native DEPENDS so it built successfully. You
can see the build log "build_intltool_fix.log". Then I removed all the
build stuff from build DIR and commented DEPENDS_virtclass-native =
"python-native" and XPY_virtclass-native = "
--with-python=${PYTHON_DIR}" in libxml2.inc file. Rebuild
gnome-doc-utils-native. It built successfully again. The build log is
also attached "build_no_python.log". I think there is no need of python
dependency in libxml2 package. Kindly correct me if I am doing anything
wrong.

We need to fix gnome-doc-utils-native recipe, so that it does not show
intltoolize error.

Regards,
Noor