[oe] blacklist.bbclass

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 23:09:38 UTC 2011

On 18/03/2011 19:24, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
> Salut,
>
> the blacklisting of packages as found in angstrom.bbclass
> is pretty helpful and would be beneficial to all kinds
> of distribution configurations in OE. Would there be
> a strong objection of renaming this to blacklist.bbclass?
>
> Copying, of course, is also a possibility, but
> in my opinion it would only be the second best choice.

As the author I object to renaming it.

We have played this rename game before and Im still not happy with the
results of the last time.

I also object on the grounds of the amount of abuse I got from some
other distro maintainers for implementing this, which is the reason it
is called angstrom.bbclass.

Graeme