[oe] [OE-core] staging & using kernel headers

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:39:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

>> OK, so here's what I'm realizing, please correct me if I'm wrong:
>> What I did unconventionally (ie. wrong) was to use a kernel version
>> newer than my linux-libc-headers were.  I should create a new
>> linux-libc-headers recipe, as I had done with the kernel recipe, and
>> build glibc and linux-libc-headers using my 2.6.38 kernel.
>
> We should *always* be using linux-libc-headers >= to the kernel version
> being used.

If you use newer kernel should work ok why is that a problem ? kernel
syscalls are backward compatible
and we use oldest kernel version of like 2.6.16 for eglibc to build
against so it should not be a problem
to use different versions for kernel and kernel-headers. I think your
problem lies elsewhere