[oe] do_compile of gcc-cross-sdk-4.5 fails with -mfloat-abi=hard

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:05:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Julian Pietron <julian at whisper-net.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I encountered a problem on bitbaking meta-toolchain for a Cortex A8 CPU with
> hardfp enabled. I'm using a modified cm-t35 machine which enables
> ARM_FP_MODE="hardfp" to enforce using the hardware FPU. Up to compilation of
> gcc-cross-sdk-4.5 everything is fine, but the build process fails on linking
> some files to libgcc_s.so.1.tmp, please see attached log.do_compile for more
> information.
> Currently I'm trying to build with ARM_FP_MODE="softfp" to see whether the
> problem persists, but I don't think so as it seems to be related to the VFP
> instructions. My guess is that somewhere in the build process the
> TARGET_CC_ARCH flags are not applied where they should have been applied.

Only if life was so simple. We do not support multilib in OE which
means the default multilib becomes
all more important since thats what we will build and link. So it
seems that the default multilib for gcc
runtime support is still soft-fp and hence the problem. Please send
your run.do_configure as well as log.do_configure
and lets see whats in there