[oe] e-image-core: task rootfs fails because dependency `evas-engine-gl-x11` is not satisfied

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:27:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 30/03/2011, Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> task rootfs of `bitbake e-image-core` with `minimal` for `MACHINE =
> "beagleboard"` fails with the following error message.
>
>         […]
>         Configuring eglibc-localedata-i18n.
>         Configuring xf86-input-mouse.
>         Configuring udev.
>         Configuring tinylogin.
>         Configuring xf86-input-evdev.
>         Configuring sysvinit.
>         Collected errors:
>          * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following
> dependencies for task-e-x11-core:
>          *      evas-engine-gl-x11 *
>          * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-e-x11-core.
>          * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile
> /oe/build-minimal-eglibc/minimal-dev/rootfs/e-image-core/etc/device_table is
> different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be
> placed at
> /oe/build-minimal-eglibc/minimal-dev/rootfs/e-image-core/etc/device_table-opkg.

Seen exactly the same issue with omap4430-panda aka pandaboard as MACHINE

> How can this dependency be satisfied?
>
> `recipes/tasks/task-e-x11.bb` runtime depends on `expedite` which in
> return runtime depends on `evas-engine-gl-x11`. Where is the problem?

I suspected something wrong with the evas build, but in the evas.inc
there is this as extra OE_CONF --enable-gl-x11 so I would expect the
package to be built.

Somehow it doesn't. I guess the problem lies there... Have not found
the solution though.

Cheers,

Philippe