[oe] problem with fetching u-boot git and bitbake git fetch debugging

Michael Lippautz michael.lippautz at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:43:20 UTC 2011

I assume you merge [1] into org.oe.dev tree and tried to build that.

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 11:33:51AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> #@TYPE: Machine
> #@NAME: OMAP3 based Archos Gen 8
>
> TARGET_ARCH = "arm"
> require conf/machine/include/omap3.inc
>
> #ASSUME_PROVIDED += "u-boot"

You should comment that line in, telling OE that it can assume some u-boot, so
doesn't try to build it. (It is commented in the archos default configuration.)

Otherwise you have to tell OE which revision of the u-boot git sources you want
to build. Have a look at [2] for this.

If there's no explicit need for building u-boot (maybe it's binary is shipped
somewhere else) I would go with commenting ASSUME_PROVIDED in.

> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/xserver = "xserver-xorg"
> XSERVER = "xserver-xorg \
>            xf86-input-evdev \
>            xf86-input-mouse \
>            xf86-input-tslib \
>            xf86-video-omapfb \
>            xf86-input-keyboard"
>
> #What is the correct one, both seem in use?
> MACHINE_GUI_CLASS = "bigscreen"
> GUI_MACHINE_CLASS = "bigscreen"
>
> #1024 * 600 Widescreen
> MACHINE_DISPLAY_WIDTH_PIXELS = "1024"
> MACHINE_DISPLAY_HEIGHT_PIXELS = "600"
>
> KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "zImage"
>
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-omap-archos"
>
> # Ship all kernel modules
> MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = "kernel-modules"
>
> IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2"
> EXTRA_IMAGECMD_jffs2 = "-lnp "
>
> SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyS2"
>
> MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 apm alsa bluetooth usbgadget usbhost keyboard vfat ext2 screen touchscreen wifi"

-Michael

[1] http://www.archos.com/support/download/firm_dev/archos-gen8-openembedded.tar.gz
[2] http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb