[oe] Mirror at GitHub

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon May 9 10:54:28 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 04:16 AM, Esben Haabendal wrote:
> Phil Blundell<philb at gnu.org>  writes:
>
>> On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 08:46 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
>>> Last I heard from Tom King this was still in progress / figuring out how
>>> to get it done.
>>
>> We now have a read-only mirror at github, see:
>>
>> https://github.com/openembedded
>>
>> Thanks to both the Toms for making this happen.
>>
>> Any problems with the mirror, please let me know.
>
> So is it preferred to place OE repositories on github.com in favor of
> gitorious.org?

There is no "official" preference. We just setup the mirror on github
because people took the time to do so. If gitorious has the same feature
we could set it up there also for people that prefer gitorious.

We should update the docs on the website to explain creating a personal
github repo using the githib mirror feature, rather than jsut pushing
the repo back.

Another idea is to pull from the github repo and push to the OE repo.

Can someone comment on how the github repo is updates from the main OE repo?

Philip