[oe] qt-x11-free_7.7.2 fail configure missing qmake

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Sun May 15 12:06:14 UTC 2011

On 13.05.2011 21:35, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On 13/05/2011 16:28, Eivind Kvedalen wrote:
>>> I get the same problem here when trying to compile
>>> qt4-embedded_4.7.2.bb.
>>>
>>> Build Configuration:
>>> BB_VERSION = "1.10.2"
>>> METADATA_BRANCH = "master"
>>> METADATA_REVISION = "54ab33e"
>>> TARGET_ARCH = "arm"
>>> TARGET_OS = "linux-gnueabi"
>>> MACHINE = "beagleboard"
>>> DISTRO = "angstrom"
>>> DISTRO_VERSION = "v2011.05"
>>> TARGET_FPU = "hard"
>>>
> problem reproduced with a clean tmp.
> this patch restore a part that 5a6efd58cdc85d08ab9e106c84bbac5110b5aecd
> removed in do_install which seems to be the root of the problem.

I tested this with

# bitbake qt4-native && bitbake qt4-x11-free

and both builds succceeded. Only the qt4-x11-free build prints some
WARNINGS I didn't discoverd before:

WARNING: the following files were installed but not shipped in any package:
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/particles/libqmlparticlesplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/particles/qmldir
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/particles/.debug/libqmlparticlesplugin.so
WARNING:
/usr/imports/Qt/labs/folderlistmodel/libqmlfolderlistmodelplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/folderlistmodel/qmldir
WARNING:
/usr/imports/Qt/labs/folderlistmodel/.debug/libqmlfolderlistmodelplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/gestures/libqmlgesturesplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/gestures/qmldir
WARNING:   /usr/imports/Qt/labs/gestures/.debug/libqmlgesturesplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/QtWebKit/libqmlwebkitplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/imports/QtWebKit/qmldir
WARNING:   /usr/imports/QtWebKit/.debug/libqmlwebkitplugin.so
WARNING:   /usr/lib/fonts/fontdir
WARNING:   /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/qmltooling/libtcpserver.so
WARNING:   /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/qmltooling/.debug/libtcpserver.so

As this are some quite relevant components (like the QML webkit plugin)
they should really get packaged by our qt4-x11-free recipe. Will see if
I have the time to provide a patch for this too.

Will send a patch with my changes to the qt4-native.inc file (which are
mostly the same as Eric did) after this mail.

regards,
Simon