[oe] OpenEmbedded Core - Ready for extended users

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon May 16 16:49:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 14:52 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> I think the community could benefit if you add info (a pointer) in this
> thread
> - how to set up a build environment
> - policies on what goes into oe-core and meta-oe and what not (and how to
> deal with things that do not go into it)
> - a migration scenario from the current repo to the new structure (what are
> we doing with the existing recipes)
> - how to add new distro's and bsp's
>
> I know some (if not all) info has been sent around over time, but I feel it
> would help if this announcement would carry the info to get people started
> (and/or point to a web page that has the above info).

Yes, agreed, I think that would be useful.  The build environment setup
is certainly a bit different to "classic" oe and it took me a while to
figure it out.  At the time there didn't seem to be much documentation
on how that stuff was meant to work, though with hindsight I now suspect
the Poky manual might have been the place to look.

p.