[oe] gs_9.01: task configure fails with `./base/gp_unix.c:25:37: error: fontconfig/fontconfig.h: No such file or directory`

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:00:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I have two problems with this commit though.
>
> 1. According to the build logs from Steve [2][3] this recipe fails for
> him with the same error message.

Yes, it did fail that time, but note that it completed successfully on
that same machine as well as a different machine subsequently with no
changes to the recipe!

I can't explain why that is, but we need to figure it out!  Perhaps a
missing dependency or a parallel build issue??

> 2. The recipe of `gs_8.64` was improved beforehand [4] and the above
> mentioned problem fixed (it still does not work though). Why was the new
> version not based on the old one?

Probably because this the 9.01 recipe has been sitting around in one
of my experimental branches for quite a few months and Koen pulled
quite recently.  So I likely based it off the version prior to
Graham's changes.

We should probably apply Graham's modifications to 9.01 also.

Have you tried that yet?

Steve