[oe] fennec fonts too small

Lukas-David Gorris lukas at htc-linux.org
Mon May 23 20:40:47 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 06.04.2011, 11:43 +0100 schrieb Phil Blundell:
> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 12:24 +0200, Lukas-David Gorris wrote:
> > It tried out fennec on htcleo machine (4,2" wvga, 217 ppi specified) and
> > noticed the fonts are itsy. Maybe it would be good to install a modified
> > configuration in order to make it more usable. It's possible to set font
> > minima via about:config .
> >
> > Should a configuration be added?
>
> I think fennec ought to be figuring this out for itself at run time.  It
> can get the screen dpi from the xserver.
>
> p.

Then something seems to go wrong with this auto dpi detection mechanism.
Might it detect the dpi correctly but not set the font accordingly?
That makes me wonder if my Xserver even knows the current screen dpi.
How does it get that information? It does know the resolution since that
is an essential part of xorg.conf but does it know the screen size? How
to investigate futher?

Best
Lukas