[oe] oebb.sh oe-core with non-angstrom distro

Lukas-David Gorris lukas at htc-linux.org
Tue May 31 10:49:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to use the
http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/setup-scripts/
setup scripts for a non-angstrom distro?

I tried to do this as explained in the following:

git clone git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/setup-scripts
cd setup-scripts
git checkout -b oe-core remotes/origin/oe-core

Now I replace ¨angstrom...¨ with ¨shr¨ in DISTRO= in oebb.sh and run

./oebb.sh config htcleo #I added htcleo machine in the meta-smartphone layer

./oebb.sh bitbake shr-image

This will end up with bitbake trying to use some angstrom scripts and
then fail. It would be very nice to make the distro configurable in
oebb.sh. I suppose extra configurations for the non-angstrom distro
will be needed but I am uncertain how to go about this. Maybe we can
add a new branch for SHR specific oebb.sh ?

Best regards

Lukas