[oe] [meta-gnome] gnome-control-center: fix unshipped packages

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Tue Nov 1 18:43:57 UTC 2011

Op 01-11-11 19:24, Andreas Müller schreef:
> On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 02:28:16 PM Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> How about adding a dummy package gnome-control-center-mime to clean
>>> up log and keep further enthusiastic patchers away?
>>
>> I'd suggest rm'ing them in do_install
>>
> Sorry for making noise for this 'cosmetic' issue but I would like get a
> better understanding on this.

The short version is that those are generated files of which only one copy
should exist. So if package them we get 2 problems:

1) clashes when installing packages
2) replacing properly generated mime files containing all the info with ones
only holding the info for a single package.

> mime.bbclass seems to pack all folders in /usr/share/mime, files will not
> be packed.
>
> I looked a bit around and added
>
> EXTRA_OECONF += "--disable-update-mimedb"
>
> in the recipe. With this no files are installed but there is also
> /usr/share/mime/application/missing/x-gnome-theme-package.xml missing.
> Could this be a solution ( even for mime.bbclass )?

It looks that way.

regards,

Koen