[oe] [oe-commits] Martin Jansa : midori: fix build with dirty vala

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 00:52:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:32:54 AM Martin Jansa wrote:
> > Hm - I am afraid since this update midori never finishes configuring
> > here. I waited for approximately 2 hours and stopped the process. The
> > log file is attached ( a fresh retry creates similar log ). I commented
> > out the whole
>
> Have you tried to revert it to see that it's not caused ie by glib
> changes or something? Because my vala detection change is already finished
> before it writes this stuff and the tar in waf is compared with
> hardcoded checksum, so it also could not change just by this monster
> blob.
When sending previous mail I had two runs with and without your patch which gave
me a clear picture. Now I have had some further rebuilds - seems sometimes it
builds sometimes not! It's a bit late - tomorrow I would like to check further
builds to see if I get a hang too with your patch reverted.

> Could you also check if there is something interesting in ps aux or
> strace when it's "hanging"? On all 3 boxes I have tried this it always
> worked as expected.
>
> > | do_configure_prepend()
> >
> > function, ran
> >
> > | bitbake -ccleanall midori
> >
> > and
> >
> > | bitbake midori
> >
> > without further issues in few minutes.
> >
> > Maybe we should rethink this monster blob commit intended to fix a corner
> > case...
>
> Yes pity that this corner case is our only vala-native and I was hopping
> that newer midori with newer waf-1.6 will be released soon and this
> won't be needed anymore..
Did you send a note to xfce-bugzilla to increase probability of making it
happen?

Andreas