[oe] Anstrom boot hang with MACHINE=i686-generic and DISTRO=anstrom-2010.x

Greg Kogut gkogut at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 22:05:03 UTC 2011

I've tried both console-image and x11-image.

During the boot process they both hang.  All of the rcS.d scripts appear to run,
but I never get to a getty screen.   It appears to hang either just before getty
runs, or getty itself is hanging.

I've tried booting at run-level one, and toying with a very minimal set of
startup scripts.

I thought maybe that getty was configured to display to ttyS0, etc, but it
should be going to tty1 - my DVI output.   I added some lines to inittab to
spawn gettys to multiple tty's, but no luck.

The hardware is just a modern mini-mobo.  Core Duo, DVI out, ext2 disk.

Any ideas?