[oe] SRC_URI = "svn://svn.o-hand.com/repos/matchbox/trunk

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 10 09:58:31 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 November 2011 16:32:48 David Thomas wrote:
> Since svn.o-hand.com is dead does anyone have a different repository?

Most if not all o-hand repositories have been converted to git and moved to
git.yoctoproject.org. A list of what's available:

 http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/

> SRC_URI = "git://git.yoctoproject.org/matchbox-keyboard;protocol=git \

This works for me... ?

> I am unable to find any source for these. It sure seems to me that OE
> is overly dependent upon links that come and go.

It is if you don't use a mirror. Realistically with the wide range of software
from hundreds of different providers built in OE there's no way you can expect
all of them to not change their download locations, remove old versions, etc.
over time. That's why we have mirror support, and both Angstrom and the Yocto
Project provide mirrors already.

If you really want to ensure long-term support you may want to consider
setting up your own local mirror; it's fairly easy to do.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton