[oe] RFC Creation of a meta-telephony repository

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 10 16:19:28 UTC 2011

On Thursday 10 November 2011 11:11:45 Philip Balister wrote:
> Another thouht, rather than add another layer, wouldn't it make sense to
> add a recipes-telephony directory to the existing
> meta-openembedded/meta-oe directory?

To my mind, that's explicitly not what meta-oe is for. If you can find a more
purpose-focused place for recipes to go, that's where they should be. For
these recipes there is a clear theme (telephony).

(I'm not necessarily suggesting they have to be in a new *repository*, i.e.
they could easily be a new meta-telephony dir within the meta-openembedded
repo.)

Cheers,
Paul

--