[oe] RFC: Clean up omap3.inc

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Nov 10 20:54:03 UTC 2011

Hi Koen,

Am 10.11.2011 21:27, schrieb Koen Kooi:
> Wrong. You can do the following in your machine.conf:
>
> require omap3.inc
>
> EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS = "whatever"

this is a workaround for a bad misconception. EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS could have been
appended everywhere and this intrusive override might break quite a lot.

> In OE classic, no. In meta-ti the cleanup is already underway.

I do not care bout meta-ti, its is broken in OE classic.

Removing this hardcoded dependency would not break anything. Only the board
maintainers who want to get it built automatically would have to add it.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
                                        http://www.kernelconcepts.de/en