[oe] default route handling of udhcpc

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fri Nov 11 07:50:11 UTC 2011

On 07.11.2011 11:57, Phil Blundell wrote:
> If it's the case that interfaces always do go down and then up again
> when changing configuration then you're right, it would be a non-issue.
> I guess maybe the best thing to do is to make sure that this is true and
> then we could avoid the unconditional route squashing as you suggest.
>
>> On the contrary. As i mentioned above we really hit a problem with current setting.
>>
>> * Interface ethA (static config with default route) comes up and sets this default route.
>> * Interface ethB (in our case a USB-NIC for diagnostic purposes, DHCP with default route) comes up and *replaces* the former default route.
>>
>> scenario a)
>> * Interface ethB goes down and removes its default route.
>> * There does not exist a default route any longer. :(
>>
>> scenario b)
>> * Interface ethA tries to go down.
>> * This fails because removing the not-existing default route of config ethA fails. :(
>
> That latter scenario sounds like a separate scripting bug: failing to
> remove a route shouldn't prevent the interface going down.

It seems that we can't find a general solution for the default route handling for the moment. So i like to fix this bug at first. Can someone give a hint which scripts are involved here?

Regards,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058