[oe] Guidelines for creating a layer

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Nov 11 14:17:51 UTC 2011

Sorry to hack the subject and delete the earlier conversation, but Koen
raises a good point here and I do not want it lost in the earlier
discussion since I among others stopped reading the emails in detail.

Is there a good set of guidelines on the web site (not buried in a git
repo) to guide people making the decision when to create a new layer, as
opposed to contributing to an existing layer?

How do we make sure layers are well thought out and not people taking
the path of least resistance?

Philip