[oe] wrapping bb and updating base bb environments

mgundes mgcse at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:43:04 UTC 2011

   Hi,

   I wonder if there is a way to wrap a bb file. For example, I use
dropbear with oe classic but I need to make some update in dropbear init
script. I copied oe/openembedded/recipes/dropbear/ to another bb path which
has higher bbfile priority. In this case bitbake find bb and files
in workarea/recipes/dropbear/ and I update init script in
path workarea/recipes/dropbear/dropbear/init. It is ok and work fine
however I duplicate whole recipe files for my little update. Is there a
better way do same thing without duplicating whole files such as simple bb
wrapping original dropbear bb file?

   Since oe is so modular and talented I though there would already be a
way to do that :)

BB>> which dropbear
SHELL: This command needs to parse bbfiles...
NOTE: Handling BitBake files: / (8377/8377) [100 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 7604 cached, 448 parsed, 325 skipped, 1 masked.

 /home/kays/Perforce/checkout_010811/dev/argela/firmware/oe/openembedded/recipes/dropbear/
dropbear_0.52.bb

 /home/kays/Perforce/checkout_010811/dev/argela/firmware/oe/openembedded/recipes/dropbear/
dropbear_0.49.bb

 /home/kays/Perforce/checkout_010811/dev/argela/firmware/oe/openembedded/recipes/dropbear/
dropbear_0.51.bb
 (***)
/home/kays/Perforce/checkout_010811/dev/argela/firmware/workarea/recipes/dropbear/
dropbear_0.51.bb

Thanks,
Regards,

--