[oe] Plans for OE classic future

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:18:01 UTC 2011

2011/11/23 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Mats Kärrman <Mats.Karrman at tritech.se>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any plans for new releases and/or maintenance branches of OE
> classic?
> >

> 2011.03-maintenance is the last release of OE classic. As long as the
> branch is maintained
>
> _
>
> Related: I noticed TSC plans to discuss on whether or not to make oe
classic read only.

I'd like to suggest leaving it open for those of us that are still using
it.
For instance I have still products that are based on OE classic. If there
is a problem that is of a generic nature, I'm more than happy to submit
patches so others in the same situation can benefit from it.
(actually I have one pending with a new version of netsnmp; the current
recipe does not build with uclibc, whereas the latest version of netsnmp
does; found/fixed this today, but haven't had time to make a commit)

And if there is no interest any more it'll eventually die. But as of now I
do see people working on/with it (see the commit log).

Frans.