[oe] "cannot find -lppl_c" link error

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:26:42 UTC 2011

> Any ideas why OE can't find my ppl_c libs?
Further to my previous post, the gcc prerequisites are clearly stated
here -> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html. Both PPL and
CLooG are in that list. I have just looked at my OE source directory and
I could see that neither of these packages have been downloaded during
the OE build. These are not present in the gcc svn tree either.

Is it possible that the OE build might have missed them and that is why
it fails? I know that there are two ways to include them for the gcc
build - either as a subdirectory to the main tree (libppl/ and
libcloog/) in which case gcc builds them "automatically" or build them
separately as static libs and then point to these during the actual gcc
build.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug?