[oe] Plans for OE classic future

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Nov 26 03:49:45 UTC 2011

>If we're wrong,
>someone needs to tell us what's missing.
A lot of recipes are missing in the new core-based oe

>We've now finally reached the point where it's really
>just mechanical "migrate recipes A/B/C" (and not to trivialize these
>efforts!).
What about recipes that have patches without the correct header?
Migrating the patches to the new core-based oe may be trivial, but in order to
be able to submit them you need to have the correct patch headers, right?

Some recipes are kept in the contrib/shr branches because of that issue.

I was thinking of a kernel-like staging area for recipes of bad quality. (for
instance that lack the correct patch headers) so porting a big recipe like
mplayer1 would not be a one-person effort anymore.

Or are the recipes with multiples patches lacking the correct headers not so
common?

Denis.