[oe] New user build problem

Reuben Wells row at hopgarden.net
Mon Nov 28 00:33:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm new to OpenEmbedded and have searched the FAQ's and archives but
have been unable to solve this problem.

I'm trying to build an image for the BeagleBoard Xm, using the
instructions at:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom

I had built most of the packages and then hit a problem and tried to
start again. I removed all files and then ran:

git clone git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/setup-scripts
MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel

Now I can't get past the "Parsing recipes", my cooker.log file just has:

NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided
iconv library is used
NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided
iconv library is used
ERROR: Could not include required file linux-2.6.39.inc
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

I've since tried refreshing a number of times with no luck.

I'm not sure where the reference to "linux-2.6.39.inc" is coming from. I
can't find any references to it.

Outside of the directory in which I unpacked the files and the file
'~/.oe/environment-oecore' are there any other directories that could be
maintaining some kind of state? I don't quite understand how it was
working and now I can't get anywhere.

Build machine is an x86_64 running CentOS 6 (2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64).

Sorry in advance if I'm missing something very obvious.

Regards, Reuben