[oe] Documentation problems

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Nov 28 10:30:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 19:40 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> As things stand today, the wiki is out of date and a number of folks
> refuse to work on it.  Using things like "It's all text!" for firefox
> only go so far and don't solve problems like people just avoiding
> documentation anyhow.
>
> Paul Menzel has mentioned that ikiwiki has been mentioned before and
> that lets us have the website in a repository.  Do folks have other
> ideas?

I guess it depends what documentation you are thinking of exactly.

Bitbake and oe-classic both have their own user manuals written in
Docbook.  I think Poky has something similar which might be more or less
directly applicable to oe-core.  If the objective is to create a high
quality user guide then I think that starting from some combination of
these (and continuing in the same format) is probably the right
approach.

It would be fairly straightforward (modulo TSC regulatory requirements)
to set up a git repository on oe.org to hold the documentation and
arrange for interested folks to have write access to it.

p.